Sunday, December 18, 2011

Final FCP Project, 2A

World Wide- Without the Web





Video Theme:World Wide Web

Hyperlink to Video: Final Video
Summarize your video (100 words or less): I was in group 2A and my topic was the world wide web. In my video, I compared how different life would be if the world was never connected and displayed how we would need to substitute technology.




What was your assigned topic for this video?

World Wide Web



If you had time to improve your film, name three things you would improve in order of their importance.

1- I would have made it longer and added more details.

2- I would have more factual information.

3- I would have added more pictures in my video.



What did you learn from the process of creating your video?
I learned that I can be independent and create projects by myself.


How close was the final video to your original "pitch" to your teacher?
My video was very close to my original idea.

Outsourcing
Who provided you with an outsourced clip?
 MichelleL_MHS

Find more videos like this on Flat Classroom Project

What feedback do you have for the person who created your outsourced clip? (include at least one positive and one well-phrased critique)
Thanks so much for the outsource video! It followed what I asked in a creative way. It was just a little bit long. That's fine though.


Was the clip you received what you expected?
Yes.

What did you learn about the process of depending upon someone else to fill your outsourced request?
I learned from other class mates that some people are not very dependable or do not always follow deadlines. Thankfully the person that signed up to do my outsource video was dependable.


Would you do anything differently next time?
No.

Who did you provide an outsourced clip to?
MitchellM_Masco

Find more videos like this on Flat Classroom Project

What is the best thing about your clip?  The thing that needed to be improved?

I think I followed the request well. To improve my outsource video, I could have had a larger crowd in the background.


Research


Group Assignment: 2A, World Wide Web - Overview
Hyperlink to Group Wiki: Group Wiki

Overview of Topic
Tim Berners-Lee was the man who founded the World Wide Web in 1994. This made world collaboration much easier. Netscape was the first widely used web browser. A web browser allows anyone with access to the internet to search information. Any information can include not only text, but pictures, videos, and sound. Netscape was one of the main reasons the world is "flat", as read in Thomas Friedman's book, The World Is Flat. This book explains how the globe is so much more connected because of the internet. The world in not only limited to relying on computers to stay connected, but cell phones are improving too. Smart phones give us the ability to go on the internet as fast as we could on a computer, except at any time. This makes a huge difference in our lives. The world wide web lets anyone communicate with family members from anywhere around the globe. Without the web, it would take much longer to write and send a letter. World collaboration has changed the life style of the world.


Research Process
Thomas Friedman's book, The World Is Flat, definitely helped me understand my topic in more detail. The video was not as helpful in helping me understand the topic as the book was.

Collaboration
I really enjoyed working with other people. My team was overall very reliable and easy to work with. The main obstacle we encountered was getting in touch with all of the team members. Some were not able be available at times I was, and some did not communicate well through the wiki. I dealed with that problem by talking as much as I could with my other team members. Our main strength was that we all split up the work that needed to be done equally. Our group did adequately cite soures. I am very happy with my team wiki because I think it turned out very organized and full of information.

Retrospection
One thing that I would like for anyone to know who will be doing a project like this in the future is that it can be very confusing at first. It does not always make sense as to what tasks you need to do. My advice is to ask not only your teacher as many questions as you need, but also ask your team members questions. Usually this will make things a lot clearer to you and this will make things easier to do throughout your project.

No comments:

Post a Comment